Implementing OneTrust Privacy Cookie Consent for your site
The GDPR and ePrivacy standards, such as Nevada’s SB220 or the California Consumer Privacy Act, requires businesses to inform site visitors about cookies and tracking technologies on their websites and provide users with choice and control over their preferences.
In order to conform to privacy laws, TownNews has integrated Cookie Consent tools by One Trust into the Rayos CMS.
Take the following steps to get started:
- Contact OneTrust, let them know you are a TownNews customer, and purchase the Cookie Consent platform. They will help guide your organization through the process and provide training on their system.
- From the OneTrust console, go to “Integration -> Scripts”.
- Find your domain, click on it. Then click the “publish” button in the upper right, and click next past the Test CDN script until you see the “Production CDN”. Copy the “data-domain-script” value.
- Click Publish
- Log into the Rayos admin for you site.
- Go to Settings > Cookie Pro (if you don’t see it, the Cookie Pro plugin, contact TownNews Support to active it)
- Paste the copied script into the box label “Insert the Main Script Tag from CookiePro here”
- Click Save
- Now, if you navigate to your homepage, you should see the Accept Cookie banner appear at the bottom of the screen.