Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
Rayos has available two-factor authentic for login into the site admin. To utilize two-factor authentication, follow these steps:
1. Download an authentication app. WordPress supports multiple authentication apps. Each user will need to download one of these to your mobile phone or desktop:
- For mobile, via Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- For desktop, use your browser to download the desktop app.
You can see the list of those apps here: https://www.wpwhitesecurity.com/support/kb/configuring-2fa-apps/
2. Contact TownNews Support letting them know you have set up all your users with an authentication app and would like two-factor authentication to be enabled for the site.
3. Once enabled, log in to your site’s Rayos admin. at sitedomain.com/wp-admin
4. In the Rayos dashboard, you’ll see the following message: “This website’s administrator requires you to enable 2FA authentication until…”.
5. Click on ‘Configure 2FA Now’.
6. Follow the WP 2FA wizard to configure 2FA for your specific app. Once configured, log out of the admin.
7. Log in as the same user (using your email address). Verify that 2FA was required during the log-in process.