Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
TownNews has required two-factor authentic for all sites on the Rayos platform. To login into the site admin at sitedomain.com/wp-admin, all users will need to have enabled two-factor authentication by taking the following these steps:
1. Download an authentication app. WordPress supports multiple authentication apps. Each user will need to download one of these authentication applications to your mobile phone or desktop:
- For mobile, via Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- For desktop, use your browser to download a desktop application for your preferred authenticator application. Below are the most popular:
- Chrome extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/authenticator/bhghoamapcdpbohphigoooaddinpkbai?hl=en
You can see a full list of apps here: https://www.wpwhitesecurity.com/support/kb/configuring-2fa-apps/
2. Once enabled, log in to your site’s Rayos admin. at sitedomain.com/wp-admin
3. In the Rayos dashboard, you’ll see the following message: “This website’s administrator requires you to enable 2FA authentication until…”.
4. Click on ‘Configure 2FA Now’.
5. Follow the WP 2FA wizard to configure 2FA for your specific app. Once configured, log out of the admin.
6. Log in as the same user (using your email address). Verify that 2FA was required during the log-in process.