Manage Advertising In Rayos
To place ads on a site, advertisement ad units must be created within the Rayos platform. These advertisements, when placed on the pages of your site, generate the code that calls out to Ad Manager (DFP) to request an ad. For more information on the types of data passed to Ad Manager in order for you to traffic your ad, review the Web Advertising Capabilities & Targeting guide.
Create A New Rayos Advertisement
If you are creating a new advertisement unit, you will need to determine if the ad unit will have a size mapping.
What is a size mapping?
Size mapping can be used to display different ad sizes depending on the device or the advertisement available. Sometimes, an ad size such as a 300×250 will display appropriately on all devices and that is the only size you want to use. However, if you will want to display one ad size on a large device, such as a desktop, and a different ad size on phones, you will need to configure the Ad Manager and the advertisement object to include a size mapping.
Configure the size mapping in Ad Manager
To configure the size mapping in Ad Manager, just select all the size you want to use when creating the new inventory ad unit.
Configure the size mapping in Rayos
The Rayos Advertisements interface is where you will determine when different sizes can appear.
- Go to Advertisements > Add New
- Name the ad unit appropriately to describe the size(s) available in the new position
- Add a New Breakpoint for each range of device sizes that will have a different size (See image below)
Note: to determine the breakpoints you will need to understand where the ad unit will be placed on the page or pages and the device breakpoints at which the larger size will no longer be viable. If you need help defining size mapping, contact email@example.com
Position Advertisements On The Page
There are a variety of ways that advertisements can be added to a page, depending on the type of page and the page setup.
- On the homepage or landing pages, advertisements may be placed directly on the page. To add an advertisement to a page or to adjust an advertisement’s position on a page, first find the page in the Pages area of WordPress. Use the Page Builder tools to add or edit an advertisement.
- On the homepage or landing pages, advertisements may be inside of templates on the page. To add an advertisement to template or to adjust an advertisement’s position within a template:
- Go to Pages in WordPress to find the page you would like to add or edit an advertisement
- Click on the link to the template that contains the existing advertisement or to which you want to add a new advertisement. Use the
- Use the Page Builder tools to add or edit an advertisement.
- On article pages, advertisements in the right rail are inside a template in a Content Wrapper. To add or edit an advertisement in an article Content Wrapper:
- Edit the article to determine which Content Wrapper it is using.
- Go to the Content Wrapper area in WordPress to see what template is used in that Content Wrapper
- Go to WPBakery Page Builder > Templates to add or edit an advertisement in the appropriate template.